A simple music server that can be used with just a browser
Frieda is a simple server for your music collection.
It makes it possible to play your music
remotely with just an html5 enabled browser.
Frieda was inspired by the now defunct Edna server.
- Runs/tested on (Ubuntu) Linux
- Supports recent Chrome/Firefox/Safari browsers
- Written in Python
- Use ezt templates system
- Coverts music files to mp3/ogg on the fly
- Small (approx 3kLOC)
- Mutagen bindings (package python-mutagen)
- lame for .mp3 conversion (package lame)
- oggenc for .ogg conversion (package vorbis-tools)
- flac for .flac conversion (package flac)
- mpc123 for .mpc conversion (package mpc123)
Tarball (rev 45)